YSO English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YSO English

Learn to Write to Learn

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter Two

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Two   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:13 am

Write a story describing what you think would be a typical day in the life of Violet Baudelaire.
Use and underline 20 words from the Chapter 2 vocabulary list.

Unharmed

Inventive

Enthusiasm

Glumly

Charred

Moping

Instructs

Convenient

Urban

Briskly

Guardian

Grime

Solemnly

Bleak

Arrangements

Barely

Creak

Ghastly

Wheezy

Obnoxious

Sternly

Unharmed

Legal

Solemnly

Chewy

Recuperate

Nervous

Ash

Melted

Fused

Teething

Rubble

Bried

Blanched

Sagged

Grotesque

Name1st feedback2nd feedbackGrade
Harold
Done
Done
TBG
Hye-Jin
Done
Done
XXX
Peter
Done
XXX
XXX
Hyeon-Joong
XXX
XXX
XXX
Yoon-Ah
XXX
XXX
XXX
Olivia
 XXX

Name   
Name   
Name   
Name   
Name   
FBC = feedback coming
TBG = to be graded

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:24 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://yansebon.rpg-board.net
Harold

Harold

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: A Typical Day for Violet   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:18 am

Their house turned to ashes. They went into the house to see if anything is unharmed. Violet's inventive brain seemed to stop. She had a little enthusiasm. She felt grumly. She hated to se their house charred. So they went to Mr. Poe's house. She and Klaus were moping around. One day, Mr. Poe said that they were going to Count Olaf's house. He said that in their parent's will, instructs that she and her siblings will be raised in the most convenient way as possible. And Count Olaf is the only relative who lives within the urban limits. Violet didn't know their new guardian well. So they packed up their things briskly. They got there. Count Olaf's house was grime. She liked Mr. Poe's house better than this house even though it smelled.They solemnly remembered the Poe household. They felt bleak. Count Olaf's house looked like it needed more arrangements. They had a chance to see Mr. Poe barely. Count Olaf came out with a creak at the door. He looked ghastly. He was also an wheezy looking man. They went in nervously. They felt obnoxious about Count Olaf's house. He (Mr. Poe) said that he cannot have Violet and their sibling's money sternly. He looked at Poe distastefully, then he said good-bye and closed the door.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: Feedback for Harold   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Harold wrote:
Their house turned to ashes. They went into the house to see if anything is unharmed. Violet's inventive brain seemed to stop. She had a little enthusiasm. She felt grumly. She hated to se their house charred. So they went to Mr. Poe's house. She and Klaus were moping around. One day, Mr. Poe said that they were going to Count Olaf's house. He said that in their parent's will, instructs that she and her siblings will be raised in the most convenient way as possible. And Count Olaf is the only relative who lives within the urban limits. Violet didn't know their new guardian well. So they packed up their things briskly. They got there. Count Olaf's house was grime. She liked Mr. Poe's house better than this house even though it smelled.They solemnly remembered the Poe household. They felt bleak. Count Olaf's house looked like it needed more arrangements. They had a chance to see Mr. Poe barely. Count Olaf came out with a creak at the door. He looked ghastly. He was also an wheezy looking man. They went in nervously. They felt obnoxious about Count Olaf's house. He (Mr. Poe) said that he cannot have Violet and their sibling's money sternly. He looked at Poe distastefully, then he said good-bye and closed the door.

Hello Harold. Thank you for submitting your response to this question. I do believe your answer is quite interesting, but off topic. Off topic means you are not answering the question quite well. I am asking you to write a story describing what a day in Violet's life would be like. Pretend you are Violet. What do you do all day?

I hope this helps clarify the question. If you need more help answering the question just let me know.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Hye-Jin

Hye-Jin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: poor orphans.   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Violet's inventive brain got broken in to half.Klaus's got ghastly.Sunny got less enthusiasm.They just mopped all day.and every thing was not unharm.Like ash,char,rubbles,fussed, melted things etc.Mr.Poe wanted to recuperate the BAudelaire's fortune.But he barely foung 20$ that turned in to ash.Then the orphans got a arrangement, so they got nervous and serious.They eated chewy thing which they didn't know for lunch.They got dishatefull eating it,but it was like a legal in Mr.Poe's house.They all were glumy.Then they worked solemnly but briskly.Then Klaus Talked in a wheezy voise with Violet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: First feedback for Hye-Jin   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:04 am

Hye-Jin wrote:
Violet's inventive brain got broken in to half.Klaus's got ghastly.Sunny got less enthusiasm.They just mopped all day.and every thing was not unharm.Like ash,char,rubbles,fussed, melted things etc.Mr.Poe wanted to recuperate the BAudelaire's fortune.But he barely foung 20$ that turned in to ash.Then the orphans got a arrangement, so they got nervous and serious.They eated chewy thing which they didn't know for lunch.They got dishatefull eating it,but it was like a legal in Mr.Poe's house.They all were glumy.Then they worked solemnly but briskly.Then Klaus Talked in a wheezy voise with Violet.

Hello Hye-Jin,

Thank you for submitting this first draft. You need to write a story describing what Violet does in a normal day. Pretend that you are Violet. What would she do in a day.

Please write a new story in a new post.
Back to top Go down
Harold

Harold

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: 14th of September......   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Violet woke up on 14th of September. Count Olaf briskly instructed them to do a lot of things. First, they ate breakfast feeling really glumly. Count Olaf left them a chewy thing, oatmeal, and ghastly blanchedcarrots. They hated carrots. Count Olaf told them that this day would be a distasteful and grotesque day, and it was. They cleaned the chimmeny which was covered with ash,char,rubbles,and grime. Also, the fixed the creaking door. They rested for about 5 minutes. Violet felt less inventive after doing this, and Klaus lost more enthusiasm. They wanted to mope around. Suddenly, Sunny erupted into a wail, she was hungry,nervously and solemnly, Violet and Klaus gave her some leftover foods. Now, Sunny's cry didn't echo around the room. But it was 11:27, so they slept.
Back to top Go down
Hye-Jin

Hye-Jin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: if I was Violet...   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:26 pm

My inventive brain stopped,then I'll always be wiht no emtusiasm and mop every day.I'll go see if any thing got unharmed.Every thing became ash, char, rubble, fussed things . I saw the feeliing of Mr. Poe he was trying to recuperate I saw him barely taking the ash of 20$. I and my siblings got an arrangment.Then we all got nervous.Then my brother gave me a chewy thing, it was dishaste full.But it was legal in my brother's situation.They all were glumy.Then we worked solemnly but briskly.Then my brother talked in a wheezy voice.
Back to top Go down
Peter

Peter

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: Violet's fantastic invention   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Violet feels less enthusiasm about parent’s death Parent’s death is bleak situation to Baudelaire youngsters. Her dream is biologist so her microscope is very important to her but it became strange so she is obnoxious. While, Klaus and Sunny are crying because his favorite pen became ash and her teething ring melted, she is moping and her inventive brain stop. Suddenly, she has an idea. Violet wants to make star for Klaus and Sunny’s recuperate. First, she fused ash, teething rings, and rubbles. Second she makes charred tree to make star. Brief time later, thing that fused. Became grotesque color and it was very cold so she blanched it to make warm. Last, she barely poor it in the charred tree and it became star. When she called Klaus and sunny, they said very nervously. She is angry but she was sad about parent’s death, too, so she sagged her mind and show star to them. They became kind because they thought about their sister’s pains to give a little happiness. And all Baudelaire youngsters grabbed their hand and said “Olleh.” They finished arrangements to meet their new guardian “Count Olaf”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: Second Feedback for Harold   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:06 pm

Harold wrote:
Violet woke up on 14th of September. Count Olaf briskly instructed them to do a lot of things. First, they ate breakfast feeling really glumly. Count Olaf left them a chewy thing, oatmeal, and ghastly blanchedcarrots. They hated carrots. Count Olaf told them that this day would be a distasteful and grotesque day, and it was. They cleaned the chimmeny which was covered with ash,char,rubbles,and grime. Also, the fixed the creaking door. They rested for about 5 minutes. Violet felt less inventive after doing this, and Klaus lost more enthusiasm. They wanted to mope around. Suddenly, Sunny erupted into a wail, she was hungry,nervously and solemnly, Violet and Klaus gave her some leftover foods. Now, Sunny's cry didn't echo around the room. But it was 11:27, so they slept.

Good work Harold. This is a very interesting description of what a day would look like in the life of Violet Baudelaire. I truly enjoyed reading your story. In order to make it a little better try breaking up the day into parts (morning, afternoon, evening and night). This would permit you to make a few paragraphs as well as adding more information to your story.

You might want to look at the spelling of a few words as well as looking at this sentence:
Quote :
Suddenly, Sunny erupted into a wail, she was hungry,nervously and solemnly, Violet and Klaus gave her some leftover foods.

What are nervously and solemnly qualifying?
Can we really say "leftover foods"?

Overall I am pleased with your work and I am looking forward to reading your final draft.

Write your last draft in a new post.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: Second Feedback Hye-Jin   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Hye-Jin wrote:
My inventive brain stopped,then I'll always be wiht no emtusiasm and mop every day.I'll go see if any thing got unharmed.Every thing became ash, char, rubble, fussed things . I saw the feeliing of Mr. Poe he was trying to recuperate I saw him barely taking the ash of 20$. I and my siblings got an arrangment.Then we all got nervous.Then my brother gave me a chewy thing, it was dishaste full.But it was legal in my brother's situation.They all were glumy.Then we worked solemnly but briskly.Then my brother talked in a wheezy voice.

It is good to see that you are placing yourself in Violet's situation. Well done. Now, I would like to concentrate on writing a descritption of what Violet does in a day. For example:

"I wake up at 6 o'clock again because cold heart Count Olaf demands that we be up before him. I hate this, but it's the only way of keeping him happy. After, eating breakfast, he gives us the day's chore list and vanishes out the door. That is my happiest moment. Once he has gone, my brother, sister and I wash the dishes and clean his room."

I hope this helps you. I am looking forward to reading your final draft.

Write it in a new post.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: First Feedback for Peter   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Peter wrote:
Violet feels less enthusiasm about parent’s death Parent’s death is bleak situation to Baudelaire youngsters. Her dream is biologist so her microscope is very important to her but it became strange so she is obnoxious. While, Klaus and Sunny are crying because his favorite pen became ash and her teething ring melted, she is moping and her inventive brain stop. Suddenly, she has an idea. Violet wants to make star for Klaus and Sunny’s recuperate. First, she fused ash, teething rings, and rubbles. Second she makes charred tree to make star. Brief time later, thing that fused. Became grotesque color and it was very cold so she blanched it to make warm. Last, she barely poor it in the charred tree and it became star. When she called Klaus and sunny, they said very nervously. She is angry but she was sad about parent’s death, too, so she sagged her mind and show star to them. They became kind because they thought about their sister’s pains to give a little happiness. And all Baudelaire youngsters grabbed their hand and said “Olleh.” They finished arrangements to meet their new guardian “Count Olaf”

This is a good effort Peter. I understand what you are trying to do, but your story does not represent a typical day. If we are looking at a typical day we are looking at a day that looks like all the rest.

Rewrite your story placing yourself in Violet's shoes. What do you think Violet does every day? That is what I want to know.

Write your new story in a new post.
Back to top Go down
Harold

Harold

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: 14th of September......   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:32 pm

Violet woke up on 14th of September. Count Olaf briskly instructed them to do a lot of things. At 8:00 AM, they ate breakfast feeling really glumly. Count Olaf left them a chewy thing, oatmeal, and ghastly blanched carrots. They hated carrots. Yesterday, Count Olaf told them that this day would be a distasteful and grotesque day, and it was. At 11:38 AM, they cleaned the chimmeny which was covered with ash,char,rubbles,and grime. Also, the fixed the creaking door. At 8:47 PM,they rested for about 5 minutes. Violet felt less inventive after doing this, and Klaus lost more enthusiasm. They wanted to mope around. Suddenly, Sunny erupted into a wail, she was hungry,nervous and solemn, Violet and Klaus gave her some food. Now, Sunny's cry didn't echo around the room. But it was 11:27 PM, so they slept.
Back to top Go down
Hye-Jin

Hye-Jin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: My life after my perents died   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:29 pm

My inventive brain seemed to stopped,my siblings have no enthusiasm and mop every day . My sibling and I went to go to see the burned house to see anything unharmed. Every thing became ash,char,rubble and fussed things.Mr. Poe was trying to recuperate it.Isaw Mr.Poe barely taking the ash of 20$.We all got an arrangment.Then we all wrer nervous my brother gave me a chewy thing, it was dishastefull but it was legal in my brothers situation Then the next day after Count Olaf gave us chores to do we all were glumy and solemnly but briskly my brother talked in a wheezy voice.
Back to top Go down
Olivia Kirwin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:17 am

I forgot about inventing. Seeing my beautiful house and parents in ashes, I missed it all already. I never thought our family would have such bad luck, I thought we was lucky.We was at mr. Poe's house sweeping the floor thinking that our new parent (Count Olaf ) would be nicer and cleaner. Mr. Poe said the news that me and my siblings were going to to Count Olaf's we was happy and sad. When we arrived, our thoughts changed, we was 100% unhappy.Count Olaf was a tall and skinny with a eye tattoo with a house two times dirtier then mr. Poe's .How can we be so unlucky?I wish that it was all a bad dream.He only gave us oatmeal for breakfast .We hate oatmeal.During the day he just gave us hard choirs like fixing a window, and sinned with en eye.But It was only the beginning...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two   Chapter Two I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:22 am

Olivia Kirwin wrote:
 I forgot about inventing. Seeing my beautiful house and parents in ashes, I missed it (What is it?) all already. I never thought our family would have such bad luck, I thought we was lucky.We was at mr. Poe's house sweeping the floor thinking that our new parent (Count Olaf ) would be nicer and cleaner. (What is wrong with Mr. Poe?) Mr. Poe said the news that me and my siblings were going to to Count Olaf's we was happy and sad. When we arrived, our thoughts changed, we was 100% unhappy.Count Olaf was a tall and skinny (what is Count Olaf?) with a eye tattoo (Where is the tattoo?) with a house two times dirtier then mr. Poe's. How can we be so unlucky?I wish that it was all a bad dream. He only gave us oatmeal for breakfast. We hate oatmeal. During the day he just gave us hard choirs like fixing a window, and sinned(?) with en eye. But It was only the beginning...

----------

I like what you have written. It is on beat and interesting. That being said you are not focused on a typical day in the life of Violet.

Mr. Poe said ... must be followed by a quotation of what he said, otherwise you should write Mr. Poe told us ...

You need to be writing about a typical day in the life of Violet. Typical means ordinary, repetitive something she does everyday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two   Chapter Two I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two
Page 1 of 1